October 19, 2012

Canning 2012


I finally canned some applesauce last week, bringing my canning for this season to a close. The past couple years I've posted a list of what I canned. It's definitely helpful to check back and see what I did last year so I can plan when next season comes.

7 half pints of peach basil preserves, 4 half pints of balsamic cherry preserves, 3 half pints of strawberry thyme jam, 6 half pints of raspberry jam, 2 quarts pickles, 12 half pints of tomato jam, 17 quarts of whole tomatoes, 3 quarts of applesauce, 19 pints of salsa, 4 pints of pickled beets, 3 pints of tomatillo salsa.

On my to do list for this winter is to write some of the recipes I use every year in my recipe notebook so that I can reference them quickly. Also on my to do list for this winter, enjoy and share everything in these jars.

1 comment:

  1. The strawberry thyme jam sounds really interesting! Was that your own recipe? Also, I bought a bunch of apples and plan to make some sauce this week. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete