October 15, 2010

Shop Update

Last week I rearranged our project room, the space where I spend most of my time during the week. Usually I am sewing here, but I also write and take photos in this space. We've only been here for a couple of months, but it is truly amazing what a difference redesigning the space can do. It works so much better for me and having a new outlook on the room helped to reenergize my work.
DSC_0007

                                    Our desk is now in a nice little corner.

DSC_0011
This is the spot where I do most of my sewing.
DSC_0009
I just love a pile of new fabrics ready for whatever they will become.

I'm still attempting to create an ideal routine for my days to maximize productivity and creativity, but until that gets sorted I am just trying to work as much as I can.

I've just added some new items to my shop which I wanted to share. I'm making little zip pouches with appliqued veggies on the front. I think they are by far the cutest things I've made and they are useful for storing or organizing or carrying things all in one place.
broco4

car2

mushy3

I just finished two new messenger bags as well. I love having the opportunity to play with fabric and design. I feel like each bag is a medium for me to create something beautiful, but it is also completely useful in every day life. Combining beauty and utility really appeals to me.

leaves41

river4

I'm really enjoying Seedling Design and all the projects and ideas that I am working on for my little shop. It's wonderful to have a space in our apartment that can be clean and organized or filled with the jumble of works in progress. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. These bags (big and small) are so super cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work space is a adorable. I love the veggie pouches. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for looking. I really appreciate the positive feedback!

    ReplyDelete