December 14, 2009

A Little Holiday Cheer

DSC_0438
Winter in Portland is such a beautiful time, though often very windy and frigid.  When its snowing a little, or I'm walking downtown  on my way to someplace warm, its lovely to see all the lights that brighten this city this time of year. The light sculptures and light-wrapped trees are all around town and in a few parks, too.  They are definitely one of the things to look forward to in December.  The lights usually stay up all winter brightening the city as the cold and dark days continue.

This week I am wrapping up my Christmas projects (hmmm, I guess I mean that literally).  I will have a couple of cookie recipes here in the next few days, I hope, before Ray and I head south to spend Christmas with his family.  Enjoy the lights and festivities wherever you are!
DSC_0439

No comments:

Post a Comment