May 28, 2015







It has been almost two years since Amos became the primary focus of my time and energy and I am constantly scaling back my expectations of what I can accomplish aside from the time that I spend with him. I am often discouraged because I feel like my creative work, especially writing and sewing, is moving so slowly. But I have come to realize that there is no need to give up just because I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I will continue to move forward as slowly and steadily as I can for as long as I can keep creating.

Usually when I feel discouraged I just have to look around at all of the making I am doing every day and I remember how lucky I am. This week I have been trying to finish several projects that couldn't wait any longer. I managed to get several things done in just a few days. These were things I had to do, but really I was lucky to get to make a few new pairs of shorts for Amos, stitch up a baby quilt for a friend's new little one, pot up lots of herbs for our front porch, plant vegetables at my dad's house, and make rhubarb crostatas to bake for brunch on Sunday. When I am trying to squeeze it all in and set aside other projects that should have priority, I wonder why I do all of this. Then I remember that this is the stuff of the life I want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment