November 27, 2012

Pie Party

Pie Party

Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Apple Pie 

 On Thanksgiving Ray and I had more pies than people for our two-person celebration. I baked a pumpkin pie, he made apple, and we had a banana cream pie from the bakery where I work. Too much pie is a good problem to have, but we decided that we wanted to share. We invited friends over for a (help us eat) pie party on Saturday. I was excited for a cozy afternoon gathering, warm and sleepy and sweet. It turns out that it is hard to get people to come over on a weekend when they are traveling or hosting family (or maybe they'd already had too much pie?) but we had a few people over anyway. It was fun to share with other enthusiastic pie eaters and connect with friends. I'm secretly hoping this can become an annual tradition.

What are some of the holiday traditions you have (or want to start)?

No comments:

Post a Comment