December 16, 2011

This Week in the Studio

DSC_0151

I've been making messes. My focus has been on the making and not the messes which is why they linger and why, as soon as I finish this post, I'll be cleaning. First, I made very simple, not perfectly finished, drawstring bags for wrapping.

DSC_0152


Then, I used fabric scraps, mod podge, and card stock to make cards to include in packages and to send to people instead of packages. I love collage and don't do it enough. It is fun to work on projects without expectations and to just make things because I enjoy it. I was hoping to make fancy labels for the jars and treats that I am sending, but my good intentions faded as time became shorter. Maybe next year I will get to them before I make everything else and run out of steam.

DSC_0155 2


The boxes I am sending are all packed up. I had a moment of gifting doubt when I was figuring out what would go in each, thinking that maybe the things I was including weren't good enough since I was trying to keep it really simple this year. As I put everything in the boxes and wrote the cards I remembered that packages are as fun to send as receive, especially when they include homemade treats.

Now I just have some cleaning to do, cards to write, and one more Christmas project to make which I hope to show you next week. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment