July 26, 2011

Summer Festivities

DSC_0310


My brother, Stuart, and sister, Natalie were visiting for a few days last week. I took them to see some of the local sights.

DSC_0295


We went swimming, grilled vegetables and polenta (so good when it gets nice and crispy), ate dinner outside, ate ice cream, played games, and I got to be a bit of tourist in the place where I live.


DSC_0293


On Saturday we rented a couple of bikes for them from Nice Ride and pedaled to the Tour de Fat. They tried out all of the crazy bicycles in what amounted to a bicycle side show. It was really nice to have them here, even during the hot hot weather. I loved having a few days off to enjoy summer and spend time with my sibling visitors.

DSC_0393

Last night Ray and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We tried grilling pizza for the first time. It did not come out perfectly, but it tasted really good. We ate on the steps outside our back door, enjoying the evening light and neighborhood sounds. While we ate the pizza, a cherry and blueberry crisp baked on the grill's residual heat. Ah, summer evenings! I'm soaking them in as much as I can before they disappear.

DSC_0399

How have you been enjoying summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment